Sunday, April 26, 2009

Update on Caleb

First of all we want to thank everyone for your thoughts, prayers, meals, rides to the hospital, encouraging words and most of all your love for our family. We are so blessed and God is so good.

Caleb is doing awesome. We prayed for a miracle so we shouldn't be surprised but he amazes us everyday.

Some pictures show Caleb under the lights because of the jaundice but he is done with that already!

Caleb came into the world breathing on his own and that hasn't changed. He still has not had any type of breathing assistance (miracle! considering he was born at 28 weeks)

He is already eating momma's milk from a feeding tube. Another fast advancement, he started at 3 cc's and is already up to 11.

At this point we are anticipating 6 weeks in the hospital. Please continue to pray for Caleb's growth and development (he needs some fat!), pray for our family as we go 20 different directions, please pray for his Mom as she deals with not having her baby boy at home.

9 comments:

  1. How amazing! Caleb is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the full head of hair picture - so cute! Thank you for sharing your miracle baby story. I am praying "plumpness" for baby Caleb :) Love to you & your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on that sweet baby! Praying that he fattens up promptly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we will continue to lift you all up in prayer . Please do not hesitate to call on us if we can help in some way. gail and Don

    ReplyDelete
  5. We praise GOD! Caleb is perfect!
    ---------------
    For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother's womb.
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
    My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place.
    When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
    your eyes saw my unformed body.
    All the days ordained for me
    were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
    How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
    Psalms 139:13-17

    Enjoy the blessing you have been given!

    much love,
    the Higbies

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see this sweet boy grow inch by inch and ounce by ounce! God had blessed your family with a perfectly precious gift! I love you Caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet boy! Praying for lots of baby fat. I can't wait to see him in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tuesday, Day 10 and 1/2...

    Papa Bob keeps imagining Caleb at Kallie's present age (almost 6), with Kallie at age "almost 12", and Jayce at age "almost 15 1/2" in the year 2015. Won't that be a hoot?!!

    But for now, one ounce at a time!!

    ReplyDelete